Friday, January 3, 2014

Ghiry

Ghiry is The Dog. He's been The Dog since May 12, 2005 when I first held his tiny little self, 6 hours after he was born.

 "Who me? Are you talking about me?" Ghiry would ask. He's a rather curious dog with a wonderful personality. So who is Ghiry?

Ghiry is a big, floppy, goofy, Great Dane with a quick wit and fantastic sense of humor though he can be a bit of a curmudgeon at times. Ghiry loves going for car rides (Unless it is a multi-day trip, he informs me), playing with his stuffed toys, napping in the sun, bounding around the yard, hiking at Chickakoo, getting pats & scratches, and being a dog in general. 

Ghiry's long name is Ghirlandaio Gabriel Garcia - "Triple G"is what his cousins; Ashly, Hope, and Rebekah call him. He also goes by The Hund, The Dog, & Ghirdog. As long as you say it nice, he'll answer to anything, really.

When Ghiry was born in 2005, he was a mere 1 pound 13 oz. Such a tiny little speck of puppy that fit in the palm of my hand. How he has grown! He now weighs in at 120 pounds and, standing on his hind feet, is taller than me. In fact, he fits several of my sweatshirts and has been known to borrow them from time to time when the weather turns chilly.

So why am I introducing you to Ghiry? Because Ghiry has some stories to tell and he would prefer that you know who he is when you settle in to listen to his tales.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment