Thursday, April 18, 2013

Monty Python

And who doesn't love some Monty Python? :D

It all started with a simple conversation... By the way, one of the best conversations I've had in a while.

FMM: It shall kneel before me, oh yes! If not I shall taunt it a 2nd time
Me: Well, it's mother WAS a hamster afterall....
FMM: Better than an African Swallow
Me: Depends on how you look at it. Hamsters aren't often tasked with transporting coconuts.
FMM: Not generally and they're never asked to bring out their dead
Me: Quite so, though weighing less than a duck, they are often mistaken for witches
FMM: BBBBUUUUURRRRRNNNN


And from there the weirdness began...

The funniest thing happened to me today after work. You are so not going to believe it. I was driving home (and you know it is only about 4 miles from work to home) and out of the clear blue sky, there dropped a coconut! I'm not kidding you. I was shocked!! It bounced off of the roof of my truck and then the hood and rolled across the road. Now, as you can imagine, I was looking around to see if there might possibly be a Swallow in the area (European or African, at this point I wasn't picky). However, I saw no trace of a winged culprit and so I continued on.
When I reached my house, I was surprised to find that Ghiry had been turned into a newt. Not an ordinary newt, mind you, but rather a giant orange and purple spotted newt. Knowing, as you do, that Ghiry is 120 pounds and rather large, you can understand my fear at finding such a creature in my house. Fortunately he got better and is now back to his current state of being a dog. Thank goodness because I don't know what newts eat.
I was wondering at this time whether my day could get any weirder. I changed for TRX class and headed out the door. When I arrived at the club, I was confronted by a rouge dressed all in black who insisted that none should leave the class until they had proven themselves in battle. Alas, what was I to do but draw my sword and plunge right in? An hour later, I was fortunate to scarper off with myself and my dignity mostly intact, licking my wounds, and swearing revenge upon this foul being.
Making a quick stop to board my trusty steed at the farriers, I headed home befuddled, but happy, that the cost of board and re-shoeing is only 1 small shrubbery, planted neatly next to a white picket fence. Though were I am to find such an item is currently beyond me as there is so much snow on the ground that all shrubberies are either buried or had migrated south for the season and have yet to return.
I am hoping that the evening will proceed with far less excitement as I fear I may pass away from shear shock and require a special pick-up to be scheduled with the dead cart. I am hoping to avoid that scenario though and am willing to do penance in the form of whacking my head against a solid chunk of wood while chanting if that is what is required.
For now I retire to the castle Anthrax and light my beacon in the hopes that some brave fellow should come and save me from this insanity...
If I have in any way left you with a smile, a chuckle, or a guffaw, kindly return the favor and sponsor me in the Enbridge Ride to Conquor Cancer - which will make me smile. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment