Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I'd Rather be Here

Ever have one of those days? You know the kind. You wake up and realize that it all started going wrong before you even woke up and there is no right side of the bed to get up on? Yeah, THAT kind of day. This is one of them.

So far today I have:

1. Woke up 2 hours late due to not setting the alarm the night before. Here is the "going wrong before you even wake up part".

2. Got fired. The conversation went like this:

NOTE: I love my job and have the best boss in the world. The above certainly helped to bring a spot of sunshine to my otherwise bleak morning. :P

3. Couldn't get out of my own way while getting ready for work. Probably a symptom of the weird time warp due to waking up late.

4. Dropped my keys in a snowbank, somewhere, while moving my trash barrel out of the way. One minute they were in my hand, the next they were gone, gone, gone... Most likely sucked into the weird time warp space void I created by getting up late this morning. A HUGE thank you out to my neighbor Shawn for helping me to locate them. "I just saw a small hole in the snow!" says he.

5. Nearly ran out of gas on the way to work. Perhaps I exaggerate a bit. Quite possibly I was just under an 1/8th of a tank and would have made it to work and back just fine. But hey, my mom said never to go under 1/4 in cold weather and it was 1 out. ONE, I tell you! (Fahrenheit, Becky, Fahrenheit). I think the gas in my truck was sucked out while I was sleeping late. Gas Siphoning Gremlins broke into my garage and drank my tank dry. Uh huh...

6. Left my work sweatshirt at home. Fresh out of the dryer this morning and ready to go. I can see it now, curled up happily in a patch of sun on my kitchen table... sleeping. I'm sure it's much happier there than here in the cold. cold, COLD office.

7. I left my "Shop Shoes" at home. In Canada, you have 2 pairs of shoes for work (and home) - You have the shoes that you wear to get to work (known as "Outside Shoes") and the shoes that you wear inside the building at work (home, Dr. Offices, friends houses, etc) known at our workplace as "Shop Shoes". My Shop Shoes are enjoying a day of leisure, at home, while I am wandering around in my stocking feet waiting for my Outside Shoes to dry...

Interesting how quickly a day can roll downhill, like a giant snowball. For now, I'll dream of being here instead:

No comments:

Post a Comment