Wednesday, August 28, 2013

From Here

Where do I go from here?

View from Mt Jefferson, New Hampshire

So here I am, 2.5 weeks after "The Ride", 4.5 weeks after the BIG hike, and I'm wondering: Where do I go from here?

How does one pick the next goal - big or small - to head off on? Perhaps I've already done it. I'm riding in the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer again in August 2104. But what about the hiking I want to do? Can I train to bike and still hike tall mountains?

I'm going hiking from here and I'll leave you with this: Anyone who dares to dream, manages to get out the front door and make it to the trail head of ANY mountain, is a real & serious hiker. It doesn't take fancy gear or require every weekend hikes. All it takes is a dream, a plan, proper preparation, and getting there. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that we are all the the same. We all dream, we all aspire, we all strive, we are all the same.

See you in the hills...

No comments:

Post a Comment