Friday, August 9, 2013

The Night Before

I'm sitting here in Calgary, thinking back over the day before my big ride. I'll be up at 5am to head to the starting point for breakfast and opening ceremonies. But for now, here is the recap:
7:31am - wake up call from my wonderful mom :)
9:00am - finally rolled out of bed, scrambled up some eggs, showered, started laundry, and began packing.
12:30pm - picked up the required sunblock, gassed up the car, and wrapped up the packing.
2:30pm - loaded the Dingo.
3:00pm - painted my nails with custom racing stripes (I'm sure it will make me ride faster)
4:15pm - hit the road for Edmonton.
5:07pm - loaded the bike onto the mega truck.
5:32pm - hopped on the people bus.
6:13pm - bus rolled out of Edmonton, headed for Red Deer to pick up additional riders.
8:02pm - picked up riders, pit stop (restroom on bus was out of order).
8:13pm - bus headed out towards Calgary.
9:34pm - arrived at Calgary and walked 3 city blocks to my hotel (event hotel messed up my booking so I'm down the road.
10:00pm - arrived at my room and discovered odd and slightly scary towel sculpture on bed.
10:15pm - OMNOMNOMing on tasty pasta.
10:37pm - passing out.

See you all in the morning!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment