Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's Me, Sadie!!!

Hi! Hi! Hi! It's me, Sadie! SHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell Tammie but I took over her Facebook and now I'm taking over her blog because I wanna do fund raising too! It seems like a lot of fun and she's the one pedalling down the road for miles and miles and miles (you get the picture) so I want to help her out. Oh, this is me!
 Aren't I cute? Tammie got me really pretty pink & sparkly streamers to ride with so people would recognize me and I have Spokie Dokes that play music if I go slow. But I like to go really FAST so you don't hear them unless we are walking across a crosswalk or rolling to a stop. My Spokie Dokes are red, white, & blue because I came from the United States with Tammie almost 2 years ago. I like it here in Alberta because we never did a BIG bike ride like The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer in America but this is our second time riding in this BIG, GIANT ride here in Canada.

This is the link that you should click on to make a donation.
 http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/nhkayakgirl2014
Tammie says that we have to raise $2,500 just to ride in August and that we are almost there but I know she is hoping to raise a lot more than that and we only have a few more weeks to go. When you donate at the link, make sure you put "Go Sadie!!!" in the message field so I'll know you are donating because of me.

We've done a lot of things so far this year to let people know about The BIG GIANT Ride. Tammie let me wear my streamers and she even made me a couple of signs and we went to Bikeology Bike Fest in Edmonton. It was a little scary for me because I've never really been in a very big city before but Tammie said we were going to a park and I like parks. Here I am with my streamers, signs, & Spokie Dokes at Bike Fest.


I got to meet a lot of people on that day and it was really fun! I gave away bubbles and prizes and I told everyone that I was riding in The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. A lot of people could hardly believe that I am riding 220 km in 2-days. They were all very nice and wished me good luck. I can't wait to tell them all about the ride after I have finished it in August!!

So maybe I should tell you a little bit about me! I'm a 23 year old Specialized Crossroads. That means that I am a hybrid bike - part street bike, part off-road bike. I'm half 4x4 at least. I keep telling Tammie that but she doesn't let me off the paved roads very much and every time I do go in the mud, she makes me take a shower and wash it all off! I went in the mud on Easter Sunday and my tires came out looking like this!
It was fun and my brakes got all gummed up and I just LOVED it! Maybe if you make a donation Tammie will let me go for a 4x4 trip around Spruce Grove! Won't you donate and put "Let Sadie go 4x4'ing" in the message? I bet if enough people do, she will let me!

Oh! One really really fun thing we did was to ride on a tour of Spruce Grove with the Mayor. I got to meet the Mayor! I actually got to ride with him twice because Tammie took me to the planning ride too. I even met the Mayor's bike! It was cool. You'd think a Mayor's bike would be stuck up and stuff but he really wasn't and the Mayor was really really nice too. He showed us his favorite parts of Spruce Grove and some new trails and brought cold drinks for everyone on the ride. This is the Mayor's bike:

I got to meet the riders from the Devon Cruisers & Shift Happens too! They came all the way out from Devon just to ride with us and see Spruce Grove. Tammie's favorite trail might be the one that goes through the forest and under Grove Drive but mine is the one that goes through The Secret Park.

Sometimes we go to other towns to ride. We've been to Stony Plain and Devon and Edmonton. Tammie let's me ride in the truck when we go far away. Sometimes I have to ride with the The Big Black Dog, Ghiry, in the truck like if we are just going to the bike shop. Most of the time I get to ride by myself though.
Ghiry doesn't go riding with us when we roll around town training because one time Tammie took him with us and he pulled both of us right over! He's so big and strong. I'm glad he likes me because I think he could bite my front wheel off in one chomp!

Another thing I got to go to was Canada Day in Jubilee Park. I got new handlebar grips because mine were ripping apart and I haven't had new ones ever. They are pretty cool and my streamers stick in them really well. We must have met like 200 people at least. I got to tell everyone all about my training in Spruce Grove and Tammie got to pass out a lot of information about The Enbridge Ride. We did a prize draw and gave away some really neat bike stuff. I liked the green water bottle but Tammie says I don't need one because she wears a Camelbak. Green is a nice color though. Maybe if I get a new paint job I'll be green. Or maybe yellow. I like yellow too.

I went to bike school last month or maybe it was in May. I lose track of the months sometimes because I don't do much other than ride around and think about riding around. I don't watch TV or listen to the radio because I can't turn it on by myself. Tammie says that bikes don't need radios anyway, we have great imaginations. I don't know what she means. Bike school was fun though. Tammie learned how to fix my gears and then she even got me a sister and took her to bike school too. My sister's name is Veronica. Tammie calls her a Back Alley Special and we hang out and visit during the day, talking about all the places we want to ride together.
I want to show Veronica all of the places in Edmonton. I saw some really cool buildings there last weekend and met some new friends. I think Veronica would like this church because it is really pretty.
Tammie says that she can't ride both of us at the same time though so I'll have to stay home when Veronica goes to Edmonton but I don't mind. I want her to go with us on The Ride too but Tammie can only ride one bike at a time so Veronica has to stay home. I'm kind of sad about that but maybe Veronica isn't ready yet because she hasn't been training at all yet. She only just got her new tires and wheels from Keith.

Oh! You have GOT to meet Keith! He is really nice. He is my riding coach. Well, okay, he is Tammie's riding coach but he is my Bike Mechanic. He is sponsoring me in The Enbridge Ride and said he will fix me if I get broken. He is a good bike fixer so that is very nice of him. I went riding with him and Tammie last week and we went on very very big hills. Keith is teaching Tammie how to ride on hills better and how to ride faster. He says she has to wipe dog poo off the bottom of her shoes. I'm not sure she ever gets dog poo on her shoes but he must know what he is talking about because he is really really fast. This is Keith:
Phew, that was a lot of typing for a bike to do. Now that you know some more about me, won't you sponsor me with a donation for The Enbridge Ride? I would really appreciate it and Tammie can't ride if you don't. Please? I'm making great big bike eyes! :) Who can resist a bike like me? :D

Donate here: http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/nhkayakgirl2014

No comments:

Post a Comment