Tuesday, April 22, 2014

40 Already!


It was a glorious day for a ride last night! Can you find MFT on this map? I'll give you a hint: read Sunday's post. ;)

Leaving the house at 5:45, I headed out with the intention of riding 30-40 km and I knew that along with riding MFT, I'd like to ride the wiggly sidewalk that is Ghiry's favorite. The map above does not do the wiggly sidewalk justice as it is the straight looking line on the right hand side of the map. Here is a better picture of it:



After the wiggly sidewalk, I headed down McLeod, through Central Park and into the forest (Spruce Grove Heritage Trail). The Map My Ride app quickly informed me that I had reached the 5 km mark. Whoo Hoo! I was on my way! As I rode, I noticed that everyone was out walking, biking, running, roller blading, etc. I can only assume that everyone in Spruce Grove has spring fever and were curing it by taking in the beautiful weather. As the trail is designed to support all forms of activity, it was a bit tricky maneuvering the walk ways and I was glad to have my bike bell to warn people as I approached from behind.



Where to next? After exiting MFT onto Grove Drive, I decided to ride West to the Catholic School and then loop back down, through a few neighborhoods, and East all the way to Jubilee park. I thought of my Squishter as I watched a group of men playing Disc Golf in the park. Perhaps Wildwood Disc Golf Course should make a trip up to visit and play on the Jubilee course. All in the name of cultural exchange, of course! I decided to take pass on the housing development due to mud on the roads (road that Sunday, thank you) and head down through Spruce Ridge and across Century Road to Longview and on to Calahoo. I squiggled here and there before hitting MFT again for the last leg of my trip. Having reached 35 km, I figured I had 5 more in me and rode around randomly until I hit 40 km.

I think I'll take Tuesday off from riding to celebrate Earth Day with a photo hike at Chickakoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment