Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Injustice

It saddens me that the world has come to this. At a time when we need strong, caring role models in the lives of our young people, a wonderful woman is being pushed away. (Read her story here

This strikes a chord for me as I have been on Facebook for 7 years and, in that time, have "friended" many young people (mostly my son's friends and team mates). Not for nefarious reasons but simply to share with them. I was an unofficial sports photographer for many of them, a neutral friend for a few, and was simply "there" for any who might need to reach out. It still amazes me, to this day, the number of "kids" - all grown up now - who tell me that I was important to them. All I did was be there. It is time we learned to separate the intention of the rule from the page and consider it in the real life application. If she is doing no harm, there is no cause to force her to remove herself from the social media lives of the young people who she obviously means so very much to. It is a sad time for humanity. 

And yes, they could have mad an exception to the rule. When one as exceptional as Carol comes along, exceptions should be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment