Sunday, May 25, 2014

La Morning of La Tour

5:37 am - Wide awake and not sure why. Oh wait, today is La Tour De Spruce!!! ARGH! Must have some more sleep - willed myself back to sleep. The plan was to sleep in until 7. I say was because...

6:13 am - Wide awake and there is no way in heck I am getting back to sleep. La Tour De Spruce is today!!!!!!!!!!!!! What to do? What to do? It's far too early to mow the lawn - neighbours might lynch me before I can get it done. And then where would I be? I think I'll check Facebook & Twitter and see what is going on in the world this morning (or evening as the case may be in Australia).

6:50 am - And I'm up. Hmmmm, still too early to mow the lawn. Time for some social media posts. After all... La Tour De Spruce is TODAY!!!! Must let Tweeps, Followers, & ( what do you call us on LinkedIn?) Linkees know that the ride is on!!! Zip, Tweet, Zap, Zoom! It is done.

7:30 am - in need of moral support (or at least too darn wound up to contain myself and must talk to someone) I call my Couzster (cousin who I love like a sister) in Alabama. La Tour De Spruce is today, I sing. She is so excited for me too! :D We chat a bit about how the ride came to be; social media, a rivalry between city & town, a desire to do something more & meet new people. Blah blah blah I can't give you all of our secret girl musings, your head might implode! :D 

8:05 am - The potatoes, carrots, & eggs are boiling for a BBQ that I've been invited to this evening. Still way too early for lawn mowing. I've only seen 1 neighbour and no cars on my street. I think the unwritten rule says 9am might be ok. Time to pack the bag. Water and nutrients into the Camelbak - pop that into the fridge. Sort out my "business" cards for La Tour De Spruce (which is today) and pack the draw slips for the prize give away. 

8:20 am - Pack the prizes; 2 framed prints, a bronze bike tune up from Mud Sweat & Gears, a bike water bottle, a bike bell, 3 pants leg straps in fabulous colours, and a couple of odds and ends for the kids (I hope there are kids today!!!). 

8:45 am - Must remember to eat before La Tour De Spruce (that is happening today) - Chocolate Cherry Pineapple Banana Spinach Yogurt Smoothie should do the trick!!!! 

9:00 am - Sitting on the front porch drinking said smoothie and blogging for your amusement (and so I don't lose my mind while waiting for it to be time for La Tour De Spruce). 

SEE YOU AT                        LA TOUR DE SPRUCE!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment