Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blogging from the Gym

10 am Sunday morning and here I am, at the gym. Though this is a 24 hour key access gym, I've yet to get here outside of "normal" hours. One of these days, just for fun...

First up? 20 mins on the elliptical! Random setting, level 7, 5 minute cool down. Distance covered: 1.97 Calories burned: 274. Time for a good stretch and then off to hit the machines and weights. 

Tried Pilates for the first time yesterday. Learned the 7 cues of stacking your body. Interesting to try to incorporate them into a gym workout. Wish me luck. I'm struggling with "bolting my hips" on the elliptical. 

Leg Press: 140lb. 2 sets of 15 reps straight press. 2 sets of 15 reps pliĆ© press. 

Beautiful day out. Sun, haze, sun dogs, and rainbows. :D

Super setting the seated leg curls and leg extensions. Curl: 1 set of 15 reps 30lb, 35lb, 40lb. Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps 30lb. 

Super setting Abductors and Adductors. 
Abductors: 75lb, 3 sets of 15. Adductors: 45lb, 3 sets of 15. 

Back extensions: 10lb, 3 sets of 15. 

Calf press: 90lb, 3 sets of 15. 

Super setting Pectoral Fly & Rear Deltoids. Fly: 40lb, 2 sets of 15 reps. 45lb, 1 set of 15. Deltoids: 40lb, 3 sets of 15 reps. 

Lats: 27.5, 3 sets of 15. 

I'm getting tired!!! Good thing I have an easy schedule of cooking for the rest of the day...

Abs: 2 sets of 15 for each side & front. Crunches on the ball. 

11:50am and time to head home for a shower, hydration, protein, a huge stretch, and turkey baking!! I missed Canadian Thanksgiving so I'm making my own. Also cooking pasta sauce and making salsa from the 101 tomatoes from my garden. Who's hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment