Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Flying Among the Stars

It's been a long time since I've flown an overnight trip. And I don't recall ever seeing the stars on any flight. But they were out tonight as we crossed the invisible border between Manitoba and Ottawa. 

I saw a dipper, tipped up on its handle, right there, out the window to my left. I've never been at star level before (well, not that I've noticed). It was a beautiful sight. 

Early morning layover in Toronto. I've got 3.5 hours between flights and I'm not about to pay a $50 fee just to take an earlier flight to Atlanta. Really? $50 to switch me to an earlier flight at the gate? 

And so I've had the stuffing from a Freshii breakfast burrito (scrambled egg, avocado, tomato, black beans, cheese, & salsa) with OJ. Airport food is getting better. 

Now I wait and ponder the oddity of entering the USA through Toronto. Technically, I'm in the US right now, having cleared customs. Maybe a large coffee will clear my head. 2.5 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it. Who was it that told me I'd be a bear today? They missed the mark. Sloth is more like it. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment