Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014 - Resolution #1

Ice skating.

I resolve to ice skate more in 2014. Why?, you ask. Ice skating brings back memories. When I was younger, my mom would take my sisters and I ice skating on Sunday afternoons in the winter. We'd go to White's Park in Concord, NH after lunch and skate for hours. I spent hours first learning to skate, then practicing twirls and turns, then learning to skate backwards. My sisters and I would race each other around the pond, giggling when we fell, dusting ourselves off, and taking off again. After several hours, half frozen and with flushed faces, we'd pile in the car to head home for warm baths and hot chocolate (always with marshmallow fluff floating in it).

I brought the skates with me from NH to AB and this year they are going to get some use. Can I still skate? It's been about 10 years since I've been on the ice but it's just like riding a bicycle, right? A quick stop at Canadian Tire for a sharpening and the skates are ready to make the upcoming New Year's trip to Canmore.

Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment