Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Candlelit Poses

Yoga.

What is Yoga? I tried Yoga and I'm still not sure what Yoga is. Yoga.

yoga
ˈjəʊgə
noun
noun: yoga
1.

a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation.

I visited That Yoga Place in Spruce Grove last night for my first ever full Yoga class. I've only had a 15 minute intro to Yoga so this was all new to me. The class I selected was Candlelight Yoga. The room was dimly lit with candles all around. Very relaxing, warm, and pretty. 

There was a lot of Downward Facing Dog. We've all heard of this pose in the movies, haven't we? My focus for the evening was "To learn something new". I did learn that I have very little balance standing on one leg  and the left is worse than the right. Something to work on. 

Picture this: Standing on your right foot, your left leg bent, knee out to the side, your left foot resting on your inner right thigh. Hands on your hips, or in "prayer" in front of you, or above your head. Now hold this position and don't fall over...

Next up, Hot Yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment