Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Almost Died Yesterday

I've never had a "life flashing before my eyes" experience before yesterday and I hope to never have one again. My immediate thoughts following the experience were:

"And just nearly killed on the highway in Vancouver... Thank goodness for excellent driver reflexes by our driver as the car on the right was 1/2 an inch from my door... Nothing like getting the heart going as your life flashes before your eyes. Puts life a whole lot more into perspective..."

In those few seconds (perhaps even milliseconds) I saw my life with a new clarity. I felt changed. The things that are important came to the forefront while those less important have begun to fall away:

1. Love like there is no tomorrow and let it be known that you love: 

I love you. Nothing will ever change that.


2. Live: explore, imagine, dream, and do.

3. Let go of what you cannot control or change. 

I know it won't always be easy, often taking daily (multiple times a day) reminders to embrace what is important and to let go of what is not but I am happier and on the way to the rest of my life, alive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment