Thursday, May 9, 2013

Take a Hike!

I'm fortunate enough to live a mere 15 minutes from a wonderful set of hiking trails at Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area.
And so... Last night I loaded up the dog, grabbed my boots and drove on out. What a difference in scenery compared to only 2 weeks ago! You can find a link to the pictures from 2 weeks ago here

The weather was a beautiful 63F (sorry, my C translator is broken today...) with little wind and barely a cloud in the sky. Leaving the house at 6pm, I was ready to hit the trail by 6:30. A brisk 1 hour walk, stopping every so often for pix (much to the annoyance of Ghiry who just wants to go and go and go and sniff everything in sight) and we were out at 7:30. Ghiry and I picked the orange and red trails in the map above as I'd done them a couple of weeks ago and needed something within the 1 hour range as Ghiry is getting a bit older (Grandpa dog) and anything after 7pm is past his bedtime.

We saw many interesting things on our trip including a Squirrel, a Hawk, several Greebs (ducks), a Loon, 4 Beaver, a Muskrat, and a small herd of Deer.

Check out the new pix!

Ghiry and I enjoyed this hike very much. In fact, I think I'll do it again tonight - Green and/or Blue trail this time. Ghiry has opted to stay home and work on his chess strategies...


No comments:

Post a Comment