Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Adventures of Saturday

Saturday always marks the end of another week of fitness in the 12 week program that I'm participating in. As usual, there will be a Week Summary post (this is week 3) at the end of the day. But what am I up to today? Glad you asked! I've been up since 6am, washing dishes, raking the yard, eating breakfast, making smoothies (dreaming up new recipes just for you!), and scheming up the rest of the day. 10am will be Butt & Gutt class and then I'll be heading off to Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area for some hiking. Of course pictures will follow at the end of the day! So, stay tuned...

Today I made a variation of the Strawberry Chocolate Banana smoothie. I omitted the cinnamon, added a second TBSP of Cocoa powder, and 1/2 scoop of protein powder. OM NOM NOM!

11:30am - Just back from Butt & Gutt, had a tasty lunch of Kitchen Sink Chili with Quinoa & Rice Noodles for added carbs before my hike.  I've started tracking foods, calories, carbs, nutrients, and protein again after a 3 week break. Using www.caloriecount.com and My Plate at www.livestrong.com. I highly recommend an application like this for anyone who is interested in knowing exactly what they are eating whether for weight loss, training, or general nutrition.
More later....

5:30pm - Had a nice 1 1/2 hour hike at Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area today. Left just before the dark clouds and wind rolled in. More on the hike in the weekly roundup. I'd picked up a new pair of Keen hiking boots and broke them in at the office for the past couple of days. They were comfortable and warm today. Nice to have dry feet on a wet, snowy, and muddy trail. Pictures from the hike can be seen here


No comments:

Post a Comment