Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Resting...

Welcome to Wednesday! For those who don't know, Wednesday is a rest day from training (we've all got to have one!) and usually reserved for a late evening walk with The Dog (you'll meet him shortly). 

Tuesday's training consisted of a 20 minute morning ride on the stationary trainer (pictured).

A big Thank You! out to Fleming Reid Petroleum Equipment for the trainer as part of their sponsorship of my ride!

Additional training included a 60 minute TRX Suspension training class at The Boxing Club in Spruce Grove. Don't know what TRX is? Simply put, it is a kick-butt fitness class concentrating on core strength using your own body weight. I highly recommend it for anyone, beginner to advanced. Google it. Oh, and when you start riding your bike in the morning (added to your regular workouts), you end up with "Bowl of Jell-O" legs in the afternoon. An interesting feeling to say the least...

That brings me to: Why am I riding? - Simple really, the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer is a great cause and I love to ride! Why not combine the two? I've had family and friends who have been touched by cancer and figure that since I am healthy and fit, why not donate myself to helping raise funds for cancer research. Speaking of raising funds... You can visit my personal fundraising page here and make a donation towards my ride. I need to raise at least $2,500 just to participate, though I've set my personal goal at $5,000. Any donation, large or small, is greatly appreciated!

Stay tuned for more to come and thank you for joining me on this journey! :D

The Gurl

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment