Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Down to 3 Days

3 is supposed to be a lucky number according to some so here we are at lucky number 3 (days until The Ride). Tonight is packing night (gear photo coming later!).

I've got my sleeves - wicked NIKE arm warmers that look a lot like the shin guard sleeves my son used to wear for soccer - but for ARMS! I love putting them on. They make my arms toasty!
2 Bike plates, both with my name on them that I must zip tie to the bike.
2 Wrist bands that I must wear when I ride - 1 with the event info and my name, one that is bright green so that I can get a veggie meal at lunch and dinner time. Mystery meat is just not for me. I went veggie for the 10 weeks that I lived and studied in Italy in 1998 for exactly that reason... mystery meat.
Ride jersey & spare jersey
Bike shorts - with padded bum!
Rain Jacket - in a lovely sangria color (wine) - if it rains, look for that color in the pics
Warm base layer
Fleece top
Long pants in case it is cold - looks like weather is going to be 65 - 73F for the weekend, chilly in the mornings but warming up nicely
Bike socks & clip in shoes
Sleeping bag - awesome Mountain hardware bag, size short like me, that I got on clearance because it is last year's model. HA! I don't care what year my bag was made, it is still just right for me and rated to 0F (-17C). Doesn't make it work any worse being 1 year old (brand new).
The Bike!
Toiletries - I figure I best still brush my teeth at least!
Am I forgetting anything? Probably. Which is why it is handy that the ride provides a 1 page list so I'll go over that tonight and check off what I've got and what I have not.

Stay tuned!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment