Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Regrouping

Here are the stats as of June 25, 2013:

NOTE: the ride has been rescheduled from June 22/23 to August 10/11 due to flooding in Calgary and the surrounding towns. 


Date of Ride: August 10th & 11th, 2013
Distance: 200 KM (125 Miles)
Location: Calgary, Alberta to Okotokes, Alberta - AND BACK!
Fundraising required to ride: $2,500.00
Money raised to date: $3,345.00
Personal fundraising goal: $5,000.00
Donations needed to reach personal goal: $1,655.00
Days left for fundraising: 46
Dollar amount needed per day to make Personal Goal:  $35.98
Dollars that I have personally donated towards my goal: $120.00
Dollars that I have personally spent on training, nutrition, & equipment to date: $2,000.00+
 
The Challenge to you: Become one of my sponsors by donating towards my goal.

I never expected to be blogging about ride updates, fundraising, and training on this date. The plan was to ride on June 22/23 and then post some wonderful photos of the ride and tell you all about the experience before getting on with some new adventures in my life. Mother Nature had other plans...

So here I site with 6 1/2 weeks of training ahead of me.  It is interesting, psychologically. I was ready for the ride. I was 1/2 and hour from being fully packed for the ride. I was 1 day from boarding the bus to Calgary from Edmonton. I think I'm still a little befuddled.

I took a break from training this weekend (well, if you count an intense weight training session and 5 hours of heavy duty yard work a break...) and went out and had some fun. I visited a street market. I went to an art gallery with a friend. I spent a day at a Scottish Festival with my camera. Oh, men in kilts! :) And now I must psych myself back up for training. I'm not finding it the easiest thing to do. I'm in the last week of a 12 week fitness class session and this is where you are usually so ready for a recovery week. Back to the drawing board to plan out the next 7 weeks.

Stay tuned for what comes next...

No comments:

Post a Comment