Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TRX to the MAX

TRX Training is on!

Week 12 is upon us and Sheila isn't letting us off the hook just because we are down to the last 2 classes of the session. Last week our Thursday class was all upper body. We did more bicep curls, tricep presses, high rows, chest presses, standing roll-outs, and Y-flies than I can remember. What I can remember is the BURN in the chest, back, shoulders, and arms.

Now fast forward to last night: Tabata Tuesday. It started innocently enough. Remember that Tabata involves 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest, each set repeated 8 times:

1. Jump Squats
2. Chest Presses
3. Switch Lunges
4. T-Flies
5. Diagonal Runners (otherwise known as bicycle crunches)
6. Hamstring Curls
7. Standing Roll-outs
8. At this point I think I was having an out of body experience and can't recall what else we did. Suffice to say that by the time we got to the 3rd set of chest presses (yeah, back at #2) my whole upper body was quivering and by the time we got to the diagonal runners, I was fairly well done in. I completed all sets for an amazing workout that I can still feel this morning.

I've also worked out a new training schedule for the next session - July & August - that will involved TRX on Tues/Thurs with personal training on Mon/Wed with the fabulous Miss Ashley "Crunchy Frogs". I think her goal in training is to bring me pain. And that is okay. :)

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be reserved by biking with a sprinkling of rest, hiking, and adventure thrown in for good measure.

They look so innocent, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment