Monday, June 17, 2013

5 Days

There are only 5 days to go until I ride in The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer.

What I know:

I am physically ready to ride 200 km (125 miles). I've been training for months, after all. Riding for hours on end. Physically I am ready.

From a fund raising standpoint, I am ready. You have helped me to get there by believing in me, sending your encouragement, and donating towards the $2,500 required for me to participate. In fact, you blew it out of the water by donating $3,345! I will be allowed to ride.

But, in order to complete this ride, I need to be mentally ready. Am I? Knowing that I can physically complete the challenge helps. Knowing that the fundraising requirements are met helps. Knowing that I am heading 3 hours from "home", by myself, to participate in a HUGE 2-day event where I know no one is daunting at the least.

I guess this feeling could be called "cold feet". My mind being my biggest block or my greatest supporter, I don't know which it is today. Of course I will do the ride. Of course I will finish the ride but will it be an uphill battle with myself the entire way or can I leave the battle to my quads and the hills?

I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment