Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Giant 4-OH!


I'll be the first to admit that when I woke up this morning, I wasn't in the mood for a mega ride (well, that isn't exactly true, more like I wasn't in the mood to motivate myself for a mega ride). You know the feeling, we all get it, that it would be so much easier to stay in bed, hang around and watch movies, take a day off, anything but get our butts out of the house and DO something.

But, I'll be the first to let you  know that I AM GLAD I DID IT! I am glad that I made myself eat breakfast, made myself mix up a delicious Camelbak of nutrients (Dripping sarcasm there, folks!), made myself put on 3 layers. Yes, count them, 3 - It's still cold here in Alberta! - Complete with hat under the helmet & gloves for my poor little cold hands... Glad that I kept going. Glad that after 2 hours when I needed a pit stop I was strong enough to make myself go back out for another hour. And then another. Yup, ended up riding for 4.5 hours today - 40 miles - ON THE STREET, against the wind, and uphill both ways! Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but it was difficult. And when it was all over, I was able to say: I did it! And not only did I do it, but I felt good after I was done and even came to the conclusion that I might even be able to ride 50 Miles, 60 Miles, or even 65 (that is the daily requirement on the Enbridge Ride to Conquor Cancer - 2 days, 125 miles total) and all because I DID IT!

Now my question to you is: Since I did it, won't you get out there and sponsor me so that all of this hard work will not be in vain? Click here and when the new page loads, click the big green button to sponsor my ride. I'm only $925 away from being able to ride June 22nd & 23rd. Every little bit helps and I appreciate every dollar donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment