Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spinning - Day 1

Training re-commences today with an open spin with the Bulls-Eye Bike Shop Club (drop in whenever) and a scheduled spin class with The Boxing Club. The goal is 2 hours of riding (spinning) today. The protein and electrolytes are mixed and ready to go. Stay tuned...

1st hour down - 25 KM completed. Finally met Herb of Bulls-Eye Bike shop and spent an hour on a bike for the first time in a week. My inner thigh muscle on my right leg is a bit tender after yesterday's hike (would help if I had actual hiking boots, not the 20LB Boots of Death that I wear) so I took it fairly easy but managed to kick out 25 KM anyway. Still learning to ride while standing on a stationary bike. Not as easy as you would think. Nice to be dry, warm, and on a flat surface but I really can't wait to start riding outside!

Next up - 1 hour spin class at The Boxing Club - taught by Svetlana. Small class today, myself, Ashley "Crunchy Frogs" Lydia, and Crystal.

Did you know that you can do push-ups on a bike? Neither did I until today. I have never attended an actual Spinning Class before so today was a day of firsts. First time spinning in a class, first time doing push-ups on a bike, first time doing squats on a bike (yes, while riding). Another hour under the belt (along with 30 jumping jacks and 30 actual squats) and I'm looking forward to pushing it up to 2.5 hours total next weekend.

Gear note: I love my Camelbak, I managed to get 2.5 liters (litres) of water/protein/electrolytes down in 2.5 hours. Padded bike pants are a blessing too!

If you've just joined my blog, you may be wondering why I'm doing all of this. You can read about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment