Monday, April 1, 2013

I LOVE PASTA!

Just like the subject line of this post says: I LOVE PASTA! The problem is, pasta does not love me. Over the past several years I've discovered that wheat based products don't care to be consumed by me. I don't believe that I am allergic to wheat but generally when I eat it (whole grain or not) I end up with a headache and feeling a bit tired. So what is a girl with a love affair for pasta to do?

RICE NOODLES!

Actually, there are several noodle types that I'd like to try over the next couple of weeks such as; Rice Noodles, Brown Rice Noodles, Black Bean Pasta, and a couple more obscure items that I'll probably need to find a health food store to locate. Stay tuned as the girl who LOVES pasta falls in love all over again. :D

And what does this all have to do with training you ask? You don't miss a thing, do you? Carbs, plain and simple. Muscles need fuel, complex carbs, and you can only eat so much Quinoa...

Last night's rice noodles were quite tasty and acted very nearly like regular wheat based pasta. The sauce is homemade - Tomato, onion, mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, ground turkey, garlic, salt, olive oil, and dried basil.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment