Sunday, April 21, 2013

You've Got This!

As I contemplated today's post, I couldn't help but think of the many people who have helped me to get to where I am today.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada - Today I rode 3.5 hours - 70 KM (43.5 Miles). And all the while, I couldn't help but hear "You've got this!" in my mind.

Looking back over the past 6 months, I couldn't have done it without so many friends;

My mom who encouraged me to take the leap, pack the truck, and head northwest from New Hampshire to Alberta to chase a dream.

Gayle who I laugh & cry with on a regular basis. More laughter than tears.

Cindy who encourages me to stay strong and positive.

My friends in NH who, even though they miss me, never say "just come home".

My friends in AB who push me to do my best.

Lyz(y) who was the first to donate to my ride and appreciates my brand of silly.

Ashley who gave me "You've got this!".

Sheila who gives me "What? Are you giving up?" with a grin because she knows I won't.

Scott who always makes me grin. :D

Bobbi who lets me sit and spin, and spin, and spin...

Herb who encouraged me to join in on Sundays and who says "You'll be able to do it, no problem".

Svetlana with her happy smile (and very mean workouts)!

Doug, Peg, Jenn, Kim, Terry, Sandy, Deb, Grace, (and I'm sure I've forgotten some) who have been so friendly, welcoming, and encouraging since I got here. 

All of the folks who believe in me and have donated to the ride I am training for (some are anonymous so I won't list them here but you know who you are!!!). 

Thank you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment