Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Challenge to You

Hello There!
      By now many (most) of you know that I am participating in the Enbridge Ride to Conquor Cancer on June 22nd & 23rd. While I have registered for the ride, I must raise $2,500 in order to actually participate. And I want to ride this one, not just sit on the sidelines!

The money I raise for the Alberta Cancer Foundation through this Ride will directly support patients and families at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary, Alberta, the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton, Alberta and 15 additional cancer centres throughout Alberta, Canada. The Alberta Cancer Foundation provides funding to a team of top doctors and scientists whose search for new discoveries and improved patient outcomes will have a real impact in the community, across Canada, and around the world.

A bit about the ride:
Date: June 22nd & 23rd, 2013
Distance: 200 KM (125 Miles)
Location: West of Calgary, Alberta
Donation Link: http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/nhkayakgirl
Fundraising required to ride: $2,500.00
Money raised to date: $610.00
Money left to raise to date: $1,890
Days left for fundraising: 80
Dollar amount needed per day to make Minimum goal:  $23.65
Personal fundraising goal: $5,000.00
Dollar amount needed per day to make Personal Goal:  $54.88
Dollars that I have personally donated towards my goal: $100.00
Dollars that I have personally spent on training, nutrition, and equipment to date: $300.00 (note: this does not count the past 12 weeks of fitness training at The Boxing Club nor does it include the next 12 week session that starts next week).
The Challenge to you: Become one of my sponsors by donating at least $25.00 towards my goal.
The BIGGER Challenge to you: Match what I have donated.

Questions for me about this ride, my goals, my training, etc? Email me.

Want to learn more about my training, my life musings, my dog, and myself? Read my blog.

A couple of posts about the fitness training I've been participating in:
Butt & Gutt
TRX Suspension Training

The dangers of becoming a zombie in Alberta are high!

And I cook a lot!  So expect to see a few food pics and perhaps I'll share the recipes. 

And above all, a HUGE thank you to my family, friends, clients, and co-workers, on both sides of the border, who have sponsored me to date. I can't do this without each and every one of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment