Friday, July 12, 2013

He's Adventurous!


ad·ven·tur·ous

[ad-ven-cher-uhs] 
adjective
1. inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
2. full of risk; requiring courage; hazardous: an adventurous undertaking.
3. disposed to seek adventure or to cope with the new and unknown 
4. willing to take risks or to try out new methods, ideas, or experiences 
This one fancies himself as an Adventurer with a long list of interests: 
Science, specifically geology and fossil/mineral hunting, mountains including camping and rock climbing but NOT running into grizzly bears. Beverages liked include beer, wine, and coffee (I'm sure not all at once - at least I hope not). Going out to dinner and chocolate. Also going out for coffee (hmmm, he likes coffee). Going to the movies - he certainly is a goer! Squash (not sure if this is the veggie or the sport), skipping stones, hitting pop flys all afternoon (I'd think his arms might fall off after that), rain forests, books, animals, folkfest, road trips (back to the going), sky gazing (probably goes with hitting pop flys), listening to the campfire and last, but not least, LANDSCAPE PAINTING (his caps, not mine).     
Whew! That is some list of interests. At least he is well rounded. 
What he says about himself: 
"Hey you! Whoever you are:

I'm an adventurous geology nerd that loves camping, rock climbing, squash, landscape painting, science, dinosaur hunting, conducting geological fieldwork in remote places by helicopter - and most of all animals of all sorts, ranging from cats to horses to frogs (My favourite dogs are huskies and border-collies - okay, Palmeranians are cute...). I also enjoy cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and baseball.

I especially love Music and Movies. My favourite music ranges from U2 to enya, and of course I'm madly in love with Bjork. My favourite movies are Braveheart, all of the Indiana Jones, Cast Away, Jurassic Park, and any movie starring Captain Jack Sparrow.

Although I'm a scientist/geologist, I also love to paint - feel free to check out my artwork at: www.******.com (Blanked out to protect the not-so-innocent)

My favourite past-time is skipping stones across the surface of a still lake, preferably in the Mountians somewhere.

Looking for an outdoorsy lady who likes camping out under the stars, is a bit nerdy, who loves scrambling up mountain peaks, but also cozy cuddles on the couch while watching a favourite movie. Must be an animal lover (including cats and dogs, among other wild sorts like Pikas, Chinchillas, and Prehistoric Man-eating Therapods)."
I had a look at his art (I liked most of it - he's pretty good!). I figure myself as an otudoorsy lady who likes camping, I'm a bit nerdy/geeky, love hiking, and can certainly go for a cuddle on the couch (if i had a couch) during a movie (oh, and Captain Jack sets my heart atwitter!). Let's email him!
My email: 
"Hello there! You are in luck as I am a therapod (especially the velociraptor if that is a therapod - now I've got to google Therapod... *sighs*) loving girl geek who also enjoys the outdoors, painting, photography, animals, and Captain Jack Sparrow. :D Your paintings are great (not to boost your ego, I actually looked and like most of them - the scary snake haired creature not so much but the landscapes are great) and I'd love to see them in person sometime. Care to chat a bit and see if perhaps we have more than chocolate in common? :D" 
His Response:  He read it and apparently it killed his adventurous spirit as I've yet to hear from him. 
Ah well, on to the next unwitting victim... 











No comments:

Post a Comment