Tuesday, July 23, 2013

He Wants to Make New Friends

Up next we have a gentleman (I'll use the term loosely) who is open to chatting and making new friends.

Let's have a look at his interests:
Golf - I don't play but I'm thinking of taking it up since everyone and their brother and sister and 3rd cousin seem to play here in Canada.
Hockey - Well who in this country doesn't like hockey?
Nutrition - Good, I am into this too.
Camping - Excellent! I just got a new sleeping bag!
Fitness - kinda goes hand in hand with nutrition, eh?
Snowboarding - meh, not so much but you've got to have differences right?
True Blood - I think this is a TV show and I don't have a TV or cable so I can't be sure.
Music - I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like music.
Softball - I played when I was 12, got a conk on the head with a ball. That hurt.
Crossfit - I do some of this so that is cool. Goes with fitness doesn't it?
Dexter - Probably a HUGE red flag but it is a TV show afterall.
Running - more fitness so that is good.

And what is the man looking for?
"So this asks for a description. But what does one say about themselves without coming across as arrogant. So ill be brief and to the point.
Open and honest to a fault.
Caring and wear my heart on my sleeve.
Like to live and love life as much as I can.
I like going to the gym and being healthy, plus being outside being active even tho Mother Nature hasn't granted us with the best spring/Pre summer so far, well unless you're a duck. Lol"


Well, 1 point for not wanting to sound arrogant. 1 more point for being brief and to the point (you wouldn't believe how long some of these profiles get!)  Minus 1 for "loling". I can't stand the human need to "lol" after everything they think might be funny or intend as a joke. 1 point for the funny duck comment (negated by the "lol" of course). So that puts him at +2 for the time being. 

This bit is new since I emailed him last night so I haven't anything to say about it other than it appears that he has been getting a lot of messages asking him for sx: "So I have updated my profile from wants to date but nothing serious do looking for a relationship because apparently nothing serious means i just want sx even tho i explain my choice in my profile. But I guess women read profiles just as much as men do lol. Just a note ladies a guy can list pretty much anything on his profile and just be looking for sx. So i would to think since i took the time to explain why i made my choice that i wouldnt be lumped in with those guys, but if you did maybe some trust issues need to be worked out before you are ready to date, just saying. So ultimately I would still like to find my best friend and last girlfriend. "

ACTUALLY... I would say 1 point for trying to set the record straight, -1 for assuming that women don't read profiles, -1 for "loling" yet again after assuming women don't read profiles, -1 for lumping all women into a trust issue pile. So that, coupled with the above gives us a current 0 overall. 

The rest of his profile before he changed it: "Now for what im looking for. (Oh good! Now we can see what he wants in a woman) Im looking for open and honest and when i say honest i mean honest, tell me the way its. Like if we meet and you aren't feeling it just let me know. Don't say sure we'll get together again only to ignore my messages and or calls. (guessing he's experienced this in the past. Perhaps having been put through this, he'll stick to his own advice and tell it like it is. AKA: respond with a "I'm not interested, thanks" rather than just ignoring an email he receives - we'll find out)
We are adults here, some more mature than others when it comes to rejection, so lets act like it and just lay it out there.
Plus I'm also looking for someone with a great sense of humor and personality. (Well, gee! I tend to think I'm pretty funny, have a great sense of humor and a rather decent personality. I can laugh, love to laugh, love to make people laugh - or rather help them to laugh. This could be good) I'm all about enjoying life and having fun. And I like nothing more than to make the people around me smile and laugh as well.

If you would like to know more feel free to message me and ask. Always up for chatting and the chance of at least making a new friend."
 


Excellent! He is up for chatting and the chance to make a new friend AND he likes to smile and laugh as well. Let's send him a message!
My email: 
"Hello there,
I AM, in fact, a duck! So this has been a completely fantastic year for me. Plenty of ponds to paddle in and I just love a good thunder storm! You haven't got anything against dating a duck, have you? We ducks love the gym, have excellent nutrition, and are very much into fitness and camping though we can't hold a golf club to save our lives! Snowboards scare the bejezus out of us and we often get mistaken for the puck when playing hockey. But if you can see past all of that, drop me a note.
:D" 

  
Pretty amusing stuff there, right? Am I right? I am one funny duck! Okay, let's get his reaction:

chirp... chirp... chirp... chirp... chirp... chirp... He read it, he didn't bother to even look at my profile and (drum roll) he deleted it.

So much for chatting and making new friends while laughing and smiling...

Next!
















No comments:

Post a Comment