Friday, July 5, 2013

Rock It!

Last night I attended my first concert in YEARS! It was amazing! How did I end up at a rocking concert on a Thursday night in Edmonton? Well, I've joined a couple of meetup groups and was lucky enough to score tix off of a gal who couldnt' go. The best thing? I got to meet a cool chicky who also wanted to go and we ended up scoring the tix together! :)

First up was Monster Truck. I'd never heard of this band before. From Wiki:

Monster Truck are a Canadian rock band from Hamilton, Ontario, who have released two EPs. Their album Furiosity will be released on Dine Alone Records on May 28, 2013. It will be distributed on Universal.

Their sound was a little noisier than I like but overall a great band with a highly energetic bassist.  He pretty much hopped around the stage through the entire set. :D Fun to watch.
Next up, Chevelle!
Again, a band I'd not heard of. From Wiki:

Chevelle is an American rock band that formed in 1995 in Grayslake, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. The band was originally composed of two brothers: Pete Loeffler, Sam Loeffler and Matt Scott. Scott was later replaced by brother Joe Loeffler.

First off very excited to hear a band from the Chicago area (my son is living in Chicago) and they had a great sound! Plenty of angst and feeling = LOVE AT FIRST NOTE!  The light display was pretty interesting too. Here are a couple of shots of the lead singer and bassist. Why do the drummers always hide at the back of the stage?                             







And finally - the headliner - ALICE IN CHAINS! OMG! OMG! OMG! What a band! :D
Now this one I've heard of and even know a couple of their songs.  Did I mention that I was standing on the floor, front and center at the barrier? Oh, yeah. I was. :D

The light show was amazing, the large LED screens were pretty cool (reminded me of Tool in some of the imagery), and the music was wonderful. I loved every second of it. Unfortunately being squished to the barrier by the undulating mosh pit doesn't leave much room for taking pictures. Here is the best I got before having to put the camera away for the night.

Perhaps a short video of each band will help! :D - coming soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment