Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Good morning (at least it is morning as I write this)!!!

Today, after 8.5 months, I am making the trip south of the border to visit family & friends. Currently at the Edmonton International Airport, I've had a lovely breakfast and pondered the fact that there were no less than 4 people, each drinking multiple beers, at the bar at 6am. Who drinks multiple (large) beers at 6am?

Interesting sign in the airport stating that now that the 2012 expansion is complete, the airport is now 50% larger and awesom-er. Uh huh! It is a pleasure to fly out of an awesom-er airport... In all fairness, it is bright, clean, architectural, and an all around nice airport. :D

First stop will be the (I'm sure equally lovely) airport in Toronto where I'll have a 2 hour layover just in time for lunch. Currently in the Mountain Time Zone and have only just finished breakfast so I'm not sure how well that will work out, being only 10:30 MST by the time I get there. I'm really hopping zones today! Reminds me of the movie, In Time, with the zone changes. After Toronto (Eastern time) I'll be heading to Chicago (Central time) for a quick visit with one of our manufacturers and a longer visit with my wee boy child who I've not seen since a 2 hour visit in November while heading to Canada.

Thursday I'll head east again for an extended stay in my home state of New Hampshire where I've got so many activities and visits planned that I was required to write out a schedule to assure that I would be able to fit everything in.

Stay tuned for stories of adventures around the state, on top of a mountain, on an Island, at the beach, and more! :D Oh! And I got so little sleep last night that my right eyelid is twitching!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! :D Were that I was as lucky as the Big Black Dog who is still home in bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment