Thursday, July 18, 2013

He's Chivalrous

For J.R. who really IS chivalrous and who is amused by my snarky online dating reports. :D

chiv·al·rous

[shiv-uhl-ruhs] 
adjective
1. having the qualities of chivalry, as courage, courtesy, and loyalty.
2. considerate and courteous to women; gallant.
3. gracious and honorable toward an enemy, especially a defeated one, and toward the weak or poor.
This one is a self proclaimed animal lover, good looking, and lists the following interests:  weight training, cooking, hiking, kitchen parties, and wine tastings. 
Not bad, I like hiking, cooking, and wine! Oh, and I'm seriously weight training at the moment. Looks like we have a few things in common! Let's see the "about me" section:
"Okay: So I have been on here a grand total of 3 days (1 July) and I have come to the conclusion that 95 percent of first emails sent consist of only 2 words:
"Hey There".....so what else can the response be other than "Hey back"....lol......I guess there is no other way to make contact....Ha!"

Okay, he's as frustrated with the email communications on the site as I am. I'm sure I can do better than "Hey There". He's also new to this forum so maybe he is still responding to emails when he receives them. Let's see what else he is looking for: 
  
"On a similar but separate note:

I am looking for a strong, independent woman. (I don't personally think that this is a similar note but okay)

I am :

Chivalrous, strong, independent, humble, attentive, affectionate and a protector.

I am not:

A Player, married, narrow-minded or needy. (Thank goodness!)

I am fit, love to hike and stay active at the gym and play hockey regularly still. I also love to cook and do so often.

Some quotes I like and can relate to:

1. Healthy citizens are the greatest asset a country can have: Winston Churchill
2. Courage is about being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne
3. Alcohol--Because no great story ever happened by someone eating a salad...lol"
 


While the last quote is a little bit concerning, his profile lists him as a social drinker only. Let's hope that he doesn't think that any human interaction is a social excuse for a drink. And I'm pretty sure I can come up with a pretty great story that occurred while eating salad (I'll get back to you on that).

So, one email coming up! My email:

"Greetings & Salutations! How are you today? I like to think that I am part of the other 5% on this site. :D You know, the ones who are capable of saying more than; "hey there". So what does your current favorite cool hat look like? Cute dog you have there as well. How old is he or she? Where do you like to hike and what was the best thing that you have cooked in the past month (I guess that would go back to mid June). :)
Have a lovely weekend!"  


His Response: He read it (7 days ago now) and never responded. 

I think it is really too bad that the only "gifts" you can send through these dating websites are things like virtual roses. In this guy's case I would send a copy of the dictionary with "chivalrous" highlighted. I'd probably throw in highlights for "courteous" and "considerate" too... just sayin'!  

No comments:

Post a Comment